Long Distance Movers
Apex Moving and Storage has been serving the Tacoma-Seattle area since 1997. Our long-distance moving services are tailored to make your moving process as seamless as possible.
With professionally trained movers, dedication to customer service since our founding in 1997, we know we can take all the stress out of your move.
There are countless variables to worry about during a cross-country move. Our goal is to take some of those worries away. We manage your state-to-state move from start to finish so you can focus on wrapping things up at work or getting your kids ready. When the move is complete, you’ll be wondering how moving out of state was so easy.
Choosing Long Distance Moving Companies
More so than any other type of relocation, moving long distance requires that you find the right company. With so many different pieces, you need movers who are going to be steady and consistent. From complete transparency to extra services offered, here are a few things you should look for:
- Licensed and Insured: A legitimate (scam-free) moving company will have their licenses and insurance readily available. Most will have it on the website. If they don’t, make sure you ask for them and keep them for your records.
- In-Home Estimates: Moving costs can start to pile up quickly if you aren’t sure what you’re being charged. If your movers don’t offer to come to your home and take a full inventory of your possessions—either in-person or over video–you are in danger of being overcharged or misinformed. Because moving expenses are based on the size and weight of your items, making sure you get an accurate quote is an essential step.
- Specialty Services: No move is the same. We have learned through our experience that we have to be ready to adapt to each new customer. Some require packing and unpacking services. Others only need moving supplies; and sometimes we need to prepare for specialty moves like antiques or pool tables. Find long-distance movers that offer a large variety of services. This will ensure that no item gets left behind and you can have a stress-free move.
Your Interstate Moving Process
There can be a lot to keep track of during any move, let alone a long-distance move. Staying ahead of schedule and keeping things organized will go a long way in ensuring a swift and easy move.
You might think it is as simple as hiring the right movers, but there is much more you can do to keep the process efficient. Here are some of our long-distance moving tips:
- Research online to compile a list of movers you want to reach out to. Go to Google and search a term like “long-distance movers near me.” Gather estimates, ask plenty of questions and trust your gut when speaking with moving representatives.
- Plan ahead for any mishaps and avoid paying high prices for moving. Make sure to book your moving company well in advance. Some will offer discounts for moving during the winter months or moving in the middle of a month.
- Create budgets, lists and spreadsheets. Trying to wing it is ill-advised, so start to inventory all your items. Come up with an informed budget and make a spreadsheet to track all your spending.
- Organize your packing to make unpacking more efficient. Don’t just go room-by-room and start packing things away. Keep in mind how you want your new house to be organized. It’s much easier to deliberately pack items than it is to search through boxes for your pajamas.
Seattle-Tacoma Out of State Moving Services
When speaking with past customers who have moved across the country, one thing is clear: They were not prepared for everything it required. With so much going on at once, simple things can often get overlooked. Finding a long-distance moving company that offers a large variety of services can help avoid any issues down the road. The last thing you want is to find out your movers can’t safely move one of your prized possessions. Our extensive list of services includes:
- Packing and Unpacking Services
- Auto Shipping
- Military Moves
- International Moves
- Short-and Long-Term Storage
- Office Moves
- Same Day Moves
- Individual Moving Coordinator and Plan
Seattle-Tacoma Long Distance Moving Quotes
Apex has been a leader in the moving industry since 1997. Our expert movers have accomplished this by never leaving a job until the customer is satisfied. Start your long distance move on the right track by hiring Apex Moving and Storage. Feel free to call us at (800) 643-8896 to speak with one of our moving representatives. We will answer any and all questions you have. You can also fill out our online quote form to receive a quick estimate.