COVID-19 Office Rightsizing
Offices may never look the same in the post COVID-19 era. Open offices may be a thing of the past, as social distancing is expected to last in some form through 2021. While many office workers will delight in the demise of the open floorplan, that means businesses are left to redesign their office spaces. In some cases, this will be essential to their ability to reopen and serve their customers.
The professional office movers at Apex Moving & Storage can help. We have moved hundreds of companies throughout Washington State, and we are in tune with what the business community needs, including safety procedures. During this pandemic, we have been keeping abreast of the latest office design guidelines, and we are ready to help you reconfigure your office or commercial building so your employees can return to work quickly and stay healthy.
Commercial Movers Ready To Help
While the vast majority of people are working from home during quarantine, office life will return. Students will return to schools and universities. Plants will reopen. Apex can help you design a plan for your office space that allows for both collaboration and distancing. We have studied government and public health regulations and social distancing protocols regarding office space, and we are poised to help devise a moving plan for you.
Following the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, local health departments across the country have required employers to take steps to make employees and the public safer. Their recommendations to employers include:
- Minimize the number of employees working within arm’s length of each other.
- Cancel all large, in-person meetings and conferences. Hold them instead by video conference or conference phone call.
- For service or retail industries, ensure access for frequent handwashing, clean high-touch surfaces and provide adequate disinfectant wipes, paper towels and other hygiene products.
- Consider telecommuting options for employees.
- Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people in the building at the same time.
- Tell employees who are sick to stay home from work. Consider a flexible sick leave policy so that employees can stay home when sick without having to visit a doctor’s office to obtain a note.
Not only will adapting to these changes preserve the health and vitality of your employees, in some cases, changing with the times will be essential to the survival of the business. Companies that can demonstrate how they meet federal, state and local guidelines may be allowed to reopen more quickly than those that haven’t implemented changes.
Customer-facing businesses will find that reconfiguring commercial and retail space will gain the public’s trust and make them feel more comfortable returning to your location.
Hiring Office Movers For Rapid Redesign
Apex can accomplish a rapid redesign for your office, shop or commercial setting. Apex Moving & Storage is considered an essential business, which means that we can continue to work for you even now, while the office is empty. That results in no downtime for employees or your company as you look to return to work.
We can space desks six feet apart, the recommended measurement for safe social distancing, install partitions or reconfigure your office desks to allow for more personal distance. We provide moving equipment, packing materials and great peace of mind. Apex also offers complete packing and unpacking services.
Let us coordinate with your human resources team, subcontractors and builders as well as the IT department to make sure the move process is seamless.
Office Real Estate And Reconfiguration
Without a doubt, COVID-19 has changed the business world. What will the future office look like? No one can say for sure, but here is how many companies are responding to office design following COVID-19:
- Conducting more meetings via video conference, even among coworkers in the same building. This means that a conference table that once held 12 executive chairs may never see that many seated guests again. If you have extra office furniture to store, Apex can help. We can pick up and store your furniture in one of our warehouse storage facilities.
- As more and more employees work from home, some companies are finding that large offices are no longer needed, which has the added benefit of cost cutting. If you’re looking at rightsizing to a smaller footprint, Apex can help conduct the move for you.
- With employees working from home long-term, they may require access to more than just the laptop computer that got them through the first several weeks of quarantine. Employers are now looking to send electronic equipment, such as large computers and monitors, printers and even entire file cabinets to employee home offices. Rather than leave delivery to your IT team, let the experienced electronics movers at Apex tackle this task for you. This saves the company and employees from the lost productivity of trying to relocate office equipment on their own, and it can prevent damage to equipment. Our commercial movers are trained to handle electronics and other sensitive materials.
- Remote and small satellite offices may be a solution. Large companies are considering leasing several smaller offices and worksites to reduce the number of people gathering at one site. Apex is experienced at coordinating a large-scale, multilocation moves. As with any office or commercial move, our professionally trained moving crew will work efficiently, yet carefully, to ensure your office furniture, supplies, and equipment are being handled correctly.
As your company navigates the future, contact the professional office movers at Apex Moving & Storage for expert moves and friendly customer service.
Get A Free Quote For Your Office Move
We can help you devise a moving cost and timeline for any reorganizing or restructuring. For more information about our office moving services in the Seattle-Tacoma area, call Apex Moving & Storage today at (800) 643-8896 or fill out the form for a free estimate on your office move.