Moving from Washington State to Oregon
Trust the experts at Apex Moving & Storage to make your transition to Oregon seamless. Our experienced interstate moving team is here to assist. With access to over 500 interstate agents across the US, Apex Moving & Storage can take your belongings all across the country, including anywhere in Oregon.
Services for Moving From Washington to Oregon
When you’re searching interstate moving companies that can take you from Washington to Oregon, be sure to choose the company who is going to look-out for you during the entire process, choose Apex Moving & Storage. Our interstate moving services are designed to make the moving process pain-free. We offer:
- Packing and unpacking services
- Residential and commercial moves
- Climate-controlled storage facility under 24/7 security
- Shipment tracking
With Apex Moving & Storage, our highly recommended professional movers have the tools and experience to make the move over state lines hassle-free.
Comparing Washington and Oregon
Your move from Washington to Oregon will remain consistent in most aspects. However, each state is different in a few important areas:
- Cost of Living: You’ll come to find that Oregon has a drastically lower cost of living compared to Washington, which includes the cost of real estate, groceries, childcare, etc.
- Taxes: The biggest change when moving from Washington to Oregon is how much you pay in taxes. Washington does not require citizens to pay state or local income taxes. When you move to Oregon, you can expect to pay 5-9% on all taxable income.
- Open Space: You’ll notice in Oregon, small-cities and rural areas make up one third of the population. Compared to Washington, which is home to higher populated urban areas.
It’s important to investigate important financial factors so you are prepared to handle your new cost of living, but also to understand the community you are about to make your home.
Finding Activites and Open Spaces
It’s important that you engage your new community by finding fun activities. To get a start on that, we have come up with a list of top things to do and see in Oregon:
- Mount Hood National Forest: Peaking at 11,000 feet, Mount Hood is Oregon’s largest mountain and is home to 1.2 million acres of natural beauty. There are 4 designated wilderness areas, and includes over 1,200 miles of trails.
- Crater Lake National Park: Located 240 miles south of Portland, within the Cascade Mountains, Crater Lake National Park is consistently one of the most visited parks in Oregon. Beautiful views and easy-to-walk trails makes the roughly 4 hour drive worth it.
- MODA Center: Located in Downtown Portland, the MODA Center is open year-round and is home to many musical acts, comedy shows, and the Portland Trail Blazers of the NBA, whose season runs from Mid-October through June.
No matter your interests, Oregon is full of limitless activites that will make you glad you made the move.
Get Your Free Long-Distance Moving Quote
When you choose Apex Moving & Storage, you can feel confident that our dedicated team is here to make sure you are taken care of. Certified as a ProMover by the American Trucking Association: Moving and Storage Conference, and accredited by the BBB should make your worries disappear. Also, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing you are supporting a business that really makes a difference in the community by helping feed the hungry.