Moving to Seattle, Washington
Seattle is a fantastic place to explore and adventure to. Seattle has plenty to take advantage of. There is so much to do in the beautiful city of Seattle, Washington. From fashion to music, some of the most legendary acts and revered icons are from the city of Seattle.
Famous musicians such as Ray Charles and Quincey Jones, and acts like Pearl Jam and Nirvana got their start in Seattle. Even Jimi Hendrix was born here.
Known as “The Emerald City”, Seattle does bring a sense of wonder and excitement to those visiting. From sightseeing to novel art shows and events to attend, Seattle, Washington just might be the place for you.
Things to Do in Downtown Seattle
Seattle contains marvelous neighborhoods including Pioneer Square, Ballard, Capitol Hill, and the Chinatown District. Pioneer Square has plenty of fashionable diners, beautiful art galleries, and excellent places to work in. Ballard features the unique blend of both antique and trend-setting shops, restaurants and bars. The Nordic and nautical collide to provide a fresh and unique sense of awe.
The cool district of Capitol Hill features bars, brunch spots, and boutiques rooted in the LGBTQ lifestyle. Finally, Seattle’s Chinatown District is known for its unique culture. The district offers a colorful and vibrant taste of Asian culture to both its tourists and residents.
Best Restaurants in Seattle, Washington
- The Pink Door – Italian Restaurant1919 Post Alley, Seattle, WA 98101
- Lola – Greek Restaurant2000 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98121
- Purple Café and Wine Bar – American Restaurant1225 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
Best Places to Shop in Seattle, Washington
- Pike Place Market – Farmers’ Market85 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101
- Made In Washington – Gift Shop1530 Post Alley, Seattle, WA 98101
- Pacific Place – Shopping Center600 Pine St, Seattle, WA 98101
Best Events to Attend in Seattle, Washington
- Seattle Boat Show800 Occidental Ave. S. Seattle, WA 98134
- Skagit Valley Tulip Festival311 W. Kincaid St, Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
- Ballard SeafoodFest5345 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
Where Is Seattle, Washington Located?
Seattle, Washington is located between Puget Sound and Lake Washington. It is the most populated city in the state.
Things to Do Near Seattle, Washington
- Space Needle
- Seattle Center Monorail
- Museum of Pop Culture
- Pacific Science Center
- Chihuly Garden and Glass
- Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Art Museum
- Central Public Library
- Smith Tower
- Seattle Aquarium
- Washington State Ferries
- Seattle Great Wheel
- Museum of Flight
- Woodinville Wine Country
- The Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour
- T-Mobile Park and CenturyLink Field
- Kerry Park
- Pioneer Square
- Chinatown-International District
- Ballard Locks
- South Lake Union
- Kenmore Air
- Museum of History & Industry
- Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room
Why Move to Seattle Washington?
There are tons of excellent schools located in the Seattle area. Some of the top-rated schools around downtown Seattle include Alki Elementary School, Eckstein Middle School, and Roosevelt High School. Seattle is an excellent city to start, or continue, raising your child.
The weather in Seattle varies year-round. The summers are short, warm, dry, and partly cloudy whereas the winters are very cold, wet, and mostly cloudy. There are tons of places to live near Seattle including Bellevue, Washington and Redmond, Washington.
Be sure to check out apartments.com for the best apartments in Seattle or Zillow.com if you decide to buy a home and you’re looking for the best home prices.
When you’re getting ready to move, remember that Apex Moving & Storage is your professional moving company in Seattle.
To get in contact with us, please fill out our contact form or call us toll-free at (800) 634-8896.