Current position available: Seasonal/ Full-Time/Part-Time
Professional Mover/Packer – Driver Position
As a professional mover, you will be packing and moving customers’ household or office belongings. Moves range from just a single item to an entire home or office. Items to be moved can often weigh several hundred pounds. Moves involving stairways are very common. The workday can be long (a ten-hour day or longer is not unusual). These demands require a person with above average strength, stamina, fitness and skill.
- Responsible for transporting household goods/commercial equipment and furniture from origin to destination.
- Inspecting trucks before and after trips, completing and submitting truck condition reports.
- Carrying heavy items long distances and up/down stairways.
- Manually hoisting heavy items.
- Wrapping furniture and equipment.
- Box-pack items such as breakables, books, artwork, knick-knacks.
- Working with moving equipment and tools.
- Navigating traffic, road conditions and using maps or gps tools.
- Disassembling and reassembling furniture and equipment.
- Providing quality, customer service at all times.
- Acting as a liaison with move coordinator and sales representatives, dispatch and warehouse staff to insure customer satisfaction.
- Adhering to all safety, OSHA and DOT regulations in accordance with Apex Movers safety program.
- Complying with drug-free workplace initiatives.
- Maintaining a tool kit for installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture or other items for transport.
- Understanding and completion of move packet paperwork along with clear documentation of inventories.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age and pass requirements of our insurance company.
- Ability to drive a box truck or semi truck.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D required.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
- Capable of lifting 75lbs on a regular basis with above average stamina and fitness skills.
- Must have good penmanship, basic math skills and excellent grammar.
- Friendly, safety-minded, positive attitude, good communication and customer service skills.
We are only interested in candidates with the above qualifications at this time. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.
Pay based on experience
Download Employment Application